Adobe Captivate Basics
Course-at-a-glance: This two–day course is developed for people who need to create and maintain software simulations and interactive training material using Adobe Captivate. Learn about creating projects for standalone video or software simulations, how to create HTML5 and Flash (*.swf) based outputs. Acquire hands–on experience with creating video, mLearning, and eLearning content.
Prerequisite: You must have a solid working familiarity with your operating system.
Objectives: Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Understand the Captivate model and its publishing features
- Create a new software simulation
- Insert standard objects such as Text Captions, Smart Shapes, Rollovers, Highlight Boxes, Click Boxes, Button, Text Entry Boxes, Rollover Slidelets, and Zoom Areas
- Insert additional slides, images, and animations
- Configure inserted objects to customize their appearance, timing, and functions
- Convert PowerPoint materials into Captivate presentations
- Add basic audio (as voice over information)
- Add background audio (from a library of predefined files)
- Change a standard demonstration into an interactive lesson
- Test user comprehension by creating quiz slides
- Publish SWF and HTML5 content
- Convert materials to YouTube content
Delivery: The following delivery is available:
- Instructor–led, group–paced, online–delivery learning model with structured hands–on activities and assignments
- Customized classroom training at your location
Fees: Course pricing is as follows:
- Instructor–led, online–delivery: $995/participant (group rates available)
- Customized classroom training at your location: $1995/day for up to 8 participants plus travel expenses
"This course gave me the skills that I needed to create multimedia content that landed me jobs. I have created videos to not only show my users how to do what they need to get done, but also to guide them through tasks interactively The class is lively, has a great mix of guided lessons and independent work, and gave me the chance to create content that mimics what I need to do every day."
Richard Murray, Instructional Designer - Cisco Systems