DITA Tools and Technology
Course-at-a-glance: This three–day course is developed for people who need to learn about DITA and want the basics of the software tools that work with it. Get comfortable with the concepts and rules of XML. Explore the DITA standard and how it implements XML tagging. Finally, acquire hands–on experience to guide your understanding of the tools that work with XML and DITA.
Prerequisite: You must have a solid working familiarity with your operating system.
Objectives: Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Identify XML tagging and syntax in relation to DITA
- Understand the DITA specification and the core set of elements it uses
- Create Topic, Reference, Concept and Task elements for use as stand–alone files or as part of a map document
- Build DITA map documents
- Work with a variety of software tools to create DITA based content
- Use Adobe FrameMaker, JustSystems XMetaL, oXygen XML, Altova XMLSpy and other tools to build DITA files
- Run basic transforms using the DITA toolkit
- Identify key issues to consider when implementing DITA and converting legacy content
Delivery: The following delivery is available:
- Instructor–led, group–paced, online–delivery learning model with structured hands–on activities and assignments
- Customized classroom training at your location
Fees: Course pricing is as follows:
- Instructor–led, online–delivery: $1495/participant (group rates available)
- Customized classroom training at your location: $1995/day for up to 8 participants plus travel expenses
"Bernard is an excellent and entertaining presenter and trainer with a firm focus on pragmatics. He focuses in on the details that are needed by a particular audience and makes the information stick."
Michael Priestly, DITA Architect, IBM