Frame Structured Authoring
Course-at-a-glance: This three–day course is developed for people who need to work with FrameMaker—using the Structured Interface—to develop content based on existing structured templates. Learn about its WYSIWYG authoring in a structured environment optimized for editing and production. Acquire hands–on experience with document publishing including the use of structured templates and the creation and management of book documents.
Prerequisite: You must have a solid working familiarity with your operating system.
Objectives: Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Understand the FrameMaker model and its word processing and desktop publishing features
- Recognize structured documents and the elements which are to be used in the creation of content
- Use the Element Catalog, Attributes and the Structure view in the creation of documents
- Understand the relationship between siblings, parents, children, ancestors and descendants
- Insert content using elements which are moved, deleted, merged or split as required
- Validate structured files to ensure that all ‘rules’ are adhered to in the document
- Apply master pages manually or automatically
- Work with footnotes in text and table locations
- Insert, modify and delete content in table heading, cells, headers and footers and merge cells
- Work with graphics and anchored frames that are imported or created within FrameMaker
- Insert, modify and delete cross–references and variables within documents and between files
- Apply conditional settings to content
- Work with conrefs to reuse content between files
- Create and maintain files such as tables of contents, indices and book documents for publishing
- Create PDF documents for distribution
Further Learning: FrameMaker template development
Delivery: The following delivery is available:
- Self study using our training materials and online tutorials
- Instructor–led, group–paced, online–delivery learning model with structured hands–on activities and assignments
- Customized classroom training at your location
Fees: Course pricing is as follows:
- Self study materials and video tutorials: $395/copy (multiple copy rates available)
- Instructor–led, online–delivery: $1495/participant (group rates available)
- Customized classroom training at your location: $1995/day for up to 8 participants plus travel expenses
"Bernard provided hands-on training for our group at Ken Cook Co and his enthusiasm was infectious. Bernard cleverly introduced learning tasks and followed that with unique ways to apply the learned skill. Everyone was challenged but came away with new-found mastery of the product."
Director, Content Management at Ken Cook Co.